Thursday, February 25, 2016

Current Problems

On my first day on site this week I realized IBOSS was blocking my phone from the internet. It was not long before I found the app that was causing it and remedied the problem by uninstalling the app. Today, however, I have found out that it may not of been the app but a problem with IBOSS itself. It seems IBOSS is currently blocking numerous sites for no apparent reason. As this does not a 3rd party issue the problem seems to be newly blocked websites put on by the system admins. As I have recently found out it appears that the safari browser was blocked due to students using it to torrent things. It has since been unblocked according to the admins but I have yet to verify with the students.

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know apps could cause a problem with connecting to the internet. What are some other things that could cause the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IBOSS has the ability to block anything the admins decide to be harmful so potentially anything could cause problems.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you find out that it was not the app causing the problem but the system itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the students were receiving errors and had no apps like the one I had on their phones.

      Delete
  4. Does IBOSS have the ability to not only block certain websites, but also certain browsers? Does it have the ability to block phone apps too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading your blog, but I am highly confused by your content this week. Perhaps it is the grammar and lack of clarification. It would be more helpful and assist in your word count if you explain some of your data in lay term. Not everyone knows what a "torrent" file is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What app was blocking your connection, and how did you figure out which app was blocking the connection?

    ReplyDelete